Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Hunger Games! - The Movie.

Okay okay okay... so as you read in my last post. While I was in Utah last week I had the opportunity to go to The Hunger Games movie. I think that Enough time has now passed that I can give a reasonable review to it.

This MIGHT spoil this movie for you if you have not seen it.

The Hunger Games. A movie based on a novel written by Suzanne Collins. - Having read the book first, I must follow the cliche and say that the book was MUCH Better. Haha. In the movie, they followed the book very very closely. Which I appreciate, because it took me a few days to read the book and if they had gone way off the beaten path, then I would feel as though I wasted my time. Like all Movies that are based on Books, you have it pictured up in your head different then the director, or the make up people, or the author themselves. and so that is always a little annoying. but I feel as though they did a really great job using the book for a good reference as for how things looked and what not. On occasion I felt as though I was watching people in their mid-20's and not people that are 12-18 (speaking of the Tributes of course) but that is roughly what most of the actor are, is in their 20's. so I guess that is to be expected... I thought the Reaping was a little weird, as all the kids are walking out (in District 12) it seemed to me to be like footage from World War II in Germany of Jewish Children being marched somewhere.... On to the actual Games! I loved the Games, the Capitol, the Training, everything was as I imagined it(or close to it). I feel as though they did a great job at showing the killing in the games without using too much blood or gore or anything of that matter. But, in the end of the movie, I was very weird-ed out about the Wolves? To me, they looked like Smashed Faced dogs. Although they were scary and that is how they are portrayed in the book, but I pictured more of a Wolf than they were. All in All, I Loved this movie. I will be getting it on DVD when it comes out.

If you haven't seen this movie. Go, Now and watch it. That is all.

-Joshua Franz

PS. Sneaky way to Kill Seneca Crane eh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment