Tuesday, April 3, 2012

UTAH!!

This last weekend was really awesome! I had the chance of heading down to Utah to visit Kelly, Go to General Conference, Go to a Mission Reunion, and spend time with my Franz Family.

So I started the trip on Thursday in the morning, by Picking up one of my old Companions, Ole Raleigh Wayland out in Ririe. The next leg of our journey took us to my Aunt Cindy's house to shoot up some birds... but that didn't happen. I mean that we went out there and the birds had Flown the Coop! so we just chatted with her for a bit, then headed to Julie's house to get Tanner. Then the real Fun started! we turned on some Music and headed for the Border. The whole way there me and Raleigh talked about mission stuff and different people, while Tanner listened to his iPod. It only took us a few hours to get to Utah, and it was a really easy drive. once I dropped them off at the places they were going, I headed to the U of U to pick up Kelly! And the Rest of Thursday was spent hanging out with her and her Family. We went to a Cemetery, and took pictures(not of graves or anything, on the one end, there is kind of a park area that is really cool with statues and things). and shortly after that we all headed to the MOVIES to see The Hunger Games. Which BTW is an incredible flick! You must go and see it if you haven't already. They do a really good job at sticking to the Book. I really enjoyed the creativity of the Movie makers in this movie. The Book had a lot of things that were, I'm Sure, hard to do; but they do a great job at it all.

Friday I got up and went and picked Kelly up at the U of U again, and we headed to the 7-11 for some Slurpee's! SOO dang good! I wish there were 7-11's here in Idaho... then we went to Grandpa and Grandma Franz' place and relaxed for a bit, and eventually headed back to Kelly's house to spend time with her and her family. That night I went to my Mission Reunion in Sandy at about 6:30... and I saw a lot of AWESOME people there. People that I hadn't seen for a long time. Archi, Jergy, Jameson, Pres & Sis Talbot, Blackett, and too many others to sit and name them all! It was Really great to see them and to talk to them and find out what everyone is up to now! After the reunion, I went back to Kelly's house and was sitting and talking to her, when her Uncle showed up, and he started asking me all kinds of things about my mission and what not. I really enjoyed that. I feel like it is hard to just talk about a mission without questions about certain things. and he was really good at asking things, and it really made me miss my Mission. Those were 2 Life Changing years that's for sure.

Saturday was the BIG day, half the reason I wanted to go to Utah on this weekend! GENERAL CONFERENCE! so I got up early, and had Kelly come out to my Grandparents house, well on the way there she got pulled over. haha! but luckily for her she only got a warning... haha its still funny to me that she got pulled over. Anyway, we headed to GC. it was amazing! We were able to park underneath in the Parking Garage, which I would recommend to anyone (just need to ask your bishop or stake pres for a parking pass when you ask for tickets). Conference was really good. I felt like I got a lot from it. I think my favorite talk was Quentin L. Cook's talk from the Saturday Afternoon Session. While we where there at the Conference, Brittna text me asking where I was, and so we met up with her and James afterwards. haha it was a good time seeing them, and talking to them and getting caught up on life. so then I went and watched the rest of the Saturday sessions with Kelly's family and had dinner with them (which PS was Fish, and Normally I don't like Fish, but Karen did a REALLY good job at cooking it!). Grandpa, Eric and I all loaded up in the Van and headed to the priesthood session too! Afterwards we all had Ice Cream and Brownies and just talked and relaxed.

Sunday Morning, I went and Picked up Kelly and we Jetted out to Uncle Buck's place to watch the First Sunday session with Him and Monica and the Girls. They have a Really nice place, I had never been there before. It was good to see Uncle Buck and the rest of em! When we left his house, It was SNOWING!! it had been nice all week, and then had decided to snow! AHH! haha. it was okay though, because as we drove up the canyon back to Grandma Franz' house it was only raining. haha. so we watched the second session with them, and midway through the Bettolos showed up! it was great to see those guys! and Grandpa cooked up some Enchiladas for us! it was a really great time. then somehow I got sucked into watching Jurassic Park! haha I ended up Leaving for home at about 7-730. I made it home by 11!!

All in All, it was a great trip! I really enjoyed it! Spending time with Friends and Family was great! and Hanging out with Kelly was THE BEST! as it always is!

I hope you didn't get too bored reading this post! I Love You All! Have a great week!
Now its back to work! haha and then I need to get things finalized for school! like my apartment, and my TB test? haha idk... My mom knows what all I need to do. That lady is Organized! and I'm grateful!

-Joshua Franz

No comments:

Post a Comment